On May 5, 1945, the Government of Federal Macedonia officially adopted the Macedonian alphabet. Two months later, the Ministry of Education sanctioned the first official orthography for the Macedonian language.
On May 5, 2023, at 11:00 a.m., the event, “Through the Language of Koneski and Miladinovci to the World of Macedonian Folk Poetry,” took place in the main hall of the National and University Library, St. Clement of Ohrid. The event was opened with an address by the director of NUL, Rahmetula Kuqi. As part of this festive event, from the NUL’s rich collections, a selection of contemporary authors’ manuscripts was presented for the first time.
This exhibition enabled visitors to see in person the original manuscripts by some of our distinguished authors who have enriched the Macedonian language through their craft. Visitors enjoyed the opportunity to look at original handwritten poems, such as Petre M. Andreevski’s “Upside Down Dance,” Petar T. Boshkovski’s “A Grave on a Cherry Hill,” Tome Arsovski’s “Purple Field,” and Jovan Boshkovski’s typewritten manuscript of “The Assassins from Thessaloniki.”