The A. S. Pushkin Slavic Museum, which is housed in the Renaissance manor house of the Friesenhof family in Brodzany, has been given a new look. The museum is under the administration of the Slovak National Library, which has been systematically repairing it for several years. Historical research, which was taking place at the same time as the restoration works, revealed the façade colour and other features of the manor house originating in the 15th century. The building of the museum is a national cultural monument.
The last stage of restoration works, which was underway from May to November 2021, included restoration of foundations and perimeter walls as well as waterproofing exterior and interior walls.
At the same time, restoration works of the stone portals in the interior and loopholes were carried out. After thorough drying, they were preserved and got their original appearance. Historical research has revealed, for example, the remains of the original lime plaster from the turn of the 16th and 17th centuries. The original façade colour of the manor house, corresponding to the Renaissance period, was discovered. Fragments of the roof frame, dating back to 1690, have been found together with some parts of the masonry dating back to the late Gothic period, probably from the 15th century. However, most of the preserved elements date from the Renaissance period, thus we can assume they originated in the mid-16th century.