Call for Papers
The Russian State Library, the Russian National Library, and the Russian Library Association invite you to take part in the International Scientific and Practical Conference “Library Science in the 21st Century: Content, Organization, Digitalisation, and Scientometrics”. The conference is part of agenda of the Year of Science and Technology and it will take place at the Russian State Library (3/5 Vozdvizhenka, Moscow) on 19-20 October 2021.
The purpose of the conference is to identify emerging issues and pinpoint factors that promote LIS studies, discuss the ways of organizing and assessing the effectiveness of library science, and exchange best practices in the field of digitalisation of scientific activities.
Conference discussion points:
– The role and importance of science in the implementation of state library policy;
– Scientific work at the library: regulatory and legal principles and forms of organization;
– Library as both an R&D agent and object;
– Priority areas of library science, bibliography, and bibliological research;
– Scientific and publishing activities at the library: conventions and innovations;
– The place of professional library periodicals in modern scientific communication;
– Modern methods of assessing scientific work;
– Digital technologies in LIS: implementation issues and areas of application;
– Training of highly qualified personnel: problems and future considerations.
The heads of libraries and their deputies for research (scientific & methodological) work, heads and employees of scientific and scientific & methodological departments of libraries are welcome to participate. In addition, we invite representatives of government and public organizations, cultural universities as well as other educational institutions, scientific organizations, publishing houses, and professional media.
The conference will be held in both online and offline formats. The language of the conference is Russian and English. The organizers reserve the right to reject reports, determine their status, and forms of presentation.
Participation in the conference is free of charge, travel expenses are to be covered by the sending party. If you wish to present, you must register and submit an abstract (200-250 words) via the RSL website (https://www.rsl.ru/ru/events/afisha/conf/bibliotechnayanauka-v-xxi-veke) no later than 15 August 2021, if you wish to attend without presenting – no later than 8 October 2021.
Upon the completion of the conference, a collection of papers will be published. The texts of reports for publication must be submitted no later than 1 November 2021 to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Submission requirements for reports are available on the RSL website, on the conference page: https://www.rsl.ru/ru/events/afisha/conf/bibliotechnayanauka-v-xxi-veke.
Contact information for foreign participants:
Irina Gayshun, Head, International relations (e-mail: GayshunIV@rsl.ru)