Aims and objectives of the project
The project included the establishment of a “Corona free” corner in the premises of the National and University libraries of Bosnia and Herzegovina with the aim of active participation in social processes and changes caused by the global pandemic. Regarding to this, the project is based on organizing a corner. We purchasedthe necessary devices for sterilization, digitization, access to digitized material and education. The primary intention of the project activities was to create a space that is strictly controlled in terms of the epidemiological situation so that the library can fulfil its very important role. Given that the global pandemic is still ongoing, and that its final end is unknown, we believe that this is very important, given the predictions that the coming autumn and winter will be more problematic.
On the other hand, pupils, students, academics, etc., which are the largest percentage of library users, but also other librarians, expect from the National and University Library of Bosnia and Herzegovina active participation and action in these difficult times. The educational component of the project is equally important – encouraging the importance of epidemiological recommendations, adequate action in these times. NULB&H has the imperative to be a pillar of society and support science and education at all times, especially this one, and for that it needs additional tools and models – creating “COVID-19” free space, education, using online models and methods, scanning, e-mail and other types of communications.
Following outcomes were as planned:
– protection of staff, users, with the aim of sustainability of the library’s mission;
– renewal of the educational function of the library;
– active participation in society and all social processes and phenomena; – building trust;
– unhindered flow of relevant and necessary information in digital form;
– approaching the user environment, elements of lifelong learning
Due to our needs for creating corona free corner and needs of our users for digitization, creating and maintaining a digital collection which we realized that was priority, with the funds we purchased:
1. HPE DL380 GEN190 (for scanned materials, digitation/creating and maintaining digital collections)
2. HPE 32G SMART KIT
3. HPE 500W FLEX SLOT Platinum Hot plug
4. HPE 600GB
We use fund from CENL and part of our fund, given the prices.
Also, in order to fulfil all project activities, we purchased with our own funds: Laptop, gloves, masks, etc, sterilization sensors (2), free standing protections etc.
The outcomes of the project
1. Our staff and users are safe
2. We have established digital collections;
3. Active participation in society and all social processes and phenomena;
4. Building trust;
5. We secured unhindered flow of relevant and necessary information in digital form;
6. Approaching the user environment, elements of lifelong learning.